Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Jonathan


Hi all!

My name is Jonathan Presley and I'll be one of the 8 team members going on this mission to Bolivia. I just finished my third year as a Biochemistry major at Cal Poly literally 12 hours ago! haha. I grew up in a small town called, Madera Ranchos, just outside of Fresno, CA with my mom, dad, and two older brothers. Despite being a science major, I'm very involved in the arts whether it be choir, piano, watercolor, art museums, theater productions, dance performances, or culinary arts! I was a competitive Irish dancer for 10 years and I also enjoy hiking, golf, and volleyball. Oh, and this is a picture of me eating Danish ice cream while I studied abroad in Copenhagen for the fall of '09! SO GOOD!!! Here's my study abroad blog if you're interested: jonjonabroad.blogspot.com

Having been raised a Methodist in the Wesley United Methodist Church in Fresno (you can tell by my love for potlucks), when coming over to San Luis Obispo for college it was only natural to attend SLOUMC. I also lived in the Wesley House, a co-ed Christian based house of 16, for my first two years at college. Over the past three years I have grown more and more attached to the college group, Wesley Fellowship, led by Kristyn and Dave Mitchell, and now they are like my family away from home.

I could not be more excited to serve others in Trinidad this summer! As the departure date nears, I will be cramming Spanish into my brain (I never took a Spanish class), practicing songs and activities to do there, and meditating on my upcoming duties representing Methodist churches all over the world.

Thanks for tuning in!
Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jonathan, I hope you have a wonderful trip. You did a good job writing Andrew's profile, you pegged him good . Love Andrew's parents, Rod and Ruth

    ReplyDelete