Friday, July 16, 2010

Making Memories

I´m not really sure what to write about right now since my teammates have pretty much summed everything up up to this point, but I´m in the internet cafe right now so I figure I´ll take advantage of the opportunity. The work has indeed been slow lately because of the weather and it seems there are enough of us guys that there´s not enough work for all of us. It´s personally hard for me, because I want to work as hard as I can to get this garage done here, but I don´t really know what to do sometimes. So I have been taking the time to play with the girls in the kiosk, and kick the ball around with Armando and Rufo, and talk to people around the school, and I think that has made me feel like I´m doing what I came here to do. One of my favorite moments with Frei and Rufo has been being able to hook up a tv and ps2 in our kitchen at the school, and playing Pro Evolution Soccer 3 with both of them and Chad until midnight and yelling our heads off and just being stupid guys and having good quality male bonding time. I was having so much fun I didn´t think about our teammates that were trying to sleep next door to us, and we did end up being told that we were being "extremely loud", but at the time it was really funny. I know to most people that just sounds ridiculous, but the idea that I was able to feel that sense of male bonding, even though it was through a video game, with two bolivian guys almost my age was really cool and one of my favorite moments here.
Bryce

1 comment:

  1. There you go again, being loud, but having a plausible story behind it. At least it's plausible to you! I'm happy to finally see an entry from you! Thanks to all keeping it up. I won't mention Wednesday, but know that you all have loving family waiting for you!

    Boyd

    ReplyDelete